TOTAL FITNESS EXPERIENCE
We are offering an exciting package that let’s you get ALL* of our classes on an unlimited basis. This means that you can come to any class, any time, ALL MONTH LONG. This offering is the best value and is our THANK YOU for becoming one of our founding members.*This offer does not include Danglefitclasses. Enjoy Danglefit at $35 each for a single session.
Total Fitness Pass
Best Value $99.00
For A Limited Time
At Alka’s Total Fitness, we believe in giving you the opportunity to learn and grow with a variety of fitness classes. Not sure if you are going to love a particular class? Allow us to gift you the experience - it’s on us! Once you register your account, you can book a class and plan ahead. Please select the day and time from the schedule below by clicking on the Sign Up button.
USE Promo Code: #FIRSTCLASS to redeem your FREE GIFT CLASS
We also offer 10 pack and 20 pack classes. Just click on sign-up and you will find out more options available to you.
Perfecting Poise, Positioning, and Posture – with Pilates
Pilates is a class composed of controlled movements with an emphasis on core (torso) strength. Done standing and with mat-work, it includes extremity (arm and leg) routines, but this is based on a foundation of torso stability.
Pilates has 6 principles:
- Concentration, which refers to a deep focus on the part of the participant. Routines require the mind to focus on the task at hand.
- Control, which alludes to the stable movements, haphazard unstable body responses are avoided.
- Centre is the “powerhouse” of the body – from the upper back to inner thighs – powerhouse areas. Once these are strong and well controlled, all extremity movements are more effective.
- Flow relates to the smooth transitions. Position changes are controlled – the essence of this discipline.
- Precision pertains to the accuracy of movements without clumsy adjustments. To maximize effectiveness, they must be done absolutely correctly.
- Breathing. Maximum oxygen intake is essential. With forced exhalations enabling fuller air intake, the Pilates class will marry the respiratory system perfectly with the physical workout component.
What are the pluses of Pilates?
There are few workouts with the focus and positive intensity of Pilates. You can expect to strengthen your body comprehensively. Too many workouts neglect the abdomen and back. Pilates uses the back and abdomen as a foundation from which to maximize strength elsewhere! Body alignment, strength, posture and overall ease of movement and daily activity can be expected. With the emphasis on respiration expect enhanced breathing. Those who do Pilates regularly are realistically, strong, toned,healthy individuals less likely to experience issues associated with postural neglect eg. Low back pain
Pilates, the intriguing history!
Pilates was invented by Joseph Pilates in the mid 1900s. With a background in gymnastics and yoga, these influenced him into developing this integrated form of toning exercise. Little would he have conceived of the success that resulted. As of 2005 it is estimated that 11 million people worldwide practice this technique! Clearly, its effectiveness is well recognized and its popularity, widely enjoyed.
This international success story is now being featured in Alka Sharma’s fitness studio. Pilates is the peak of personal well-being! Come discover what millions of others already know and contact Alka Sharma today.